Thursday, April 25, 2013

Web 2.0 Tools I Will Use In The Future.


Over the course of the semester, I have been introduced to various web 2.0 tools that I honestly don't think I would have came across if it wasn't for ENGL 3043. This course has given me the opportunity to become familiar with web tools and their multiple uses they could have in the classroom if used properly such as Blogger, pintrest, prezi and wiki spaces. These tools will definitely follow me throughout my professional career. Since I will be teaching secondary English, these tools will be a great help to the learning process and overall educational experience of my future students.

Blogger
 Blogger is a great way to express ideas and interests personally. Blogger will be a great way to display the content of a class to the parents of the students. This tools allows you to explain and display content as often as you would like which is great for keeping parents in tune with the education their kids are receiving  Also, students can use Blogger to practice expressing themselves professionally on assigned or topics of choice.  



Prezi
 Prezi is a great way to add a creative flare to a power point! I personally enjoyed using this tool and I am sure English students will also! Instead of the regular slide shows we are all used to, Prezi allows you to custom create your own layouts, animations and effects which is appealing to the eye and increases the attentiveness of the audience.  

Wiki Spaces 
Wiki Spaces will allow the students to display information found on a specific topic through a web site. The ability to display information properly is crucial to a students education. This is a creative end of the year project to display a students research and report throughout the school year!

I am beyond excited to introduce these tools to students and continue to use myself. For more idea on Web 2.0 tools in the class room, visit this link: The 100 Best Web 2.0 Classroom Tools Chosen By You

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this course has shown us a lot of new tools to use. Some I will use a lot; some I am glad to know they are there if I need them. For example, with blogging I knew that people did it but I was never sure about how to go about starting one. I have really learned a lot of useful technology information this semester.

    ReplyDelete