Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Professional Goals.



Greetings! My name is Ariel Henson and I am currently a Junior and English Major, Education Minor at Prairie View A&M University located in Prairie View, Texas. After graduating from PVAMU, I plan on becoming a successful and influential secondary English teacher in Houston, Texas and surrounding cities. Growing up I have always dreamed of becoming an educator. It wasn't until I got to high school that made me realize that secondary education is the field I would like to go into. Teaching will give me the opportunity to give back to a community that has given so much to me. Teaching will also give me the chance to be a positive influence on students the way my teachers were to me. All children deserve a equal opportunity to better themselves through education. Each student deserves to have a personal cheerleader that will help them reach their goals. Lastly, each student deserves to have a positive influence and role model that can lead by example. I am that positive role model, the counselor they may need and the influential educator with the best interest of the students at heart.  

2 comments:

  1. What would be the top 3 works of literature or lessons that you would love to cover? Maybe a future blog post...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this blog! Unfortunately, in my case I didn't realize that teaching is something that I wanted to do until the end of my sophomore year in college. I totally agree with everything you've said. There is absolutely nothing like having a solid role model who talks the talk and also walks the walk, and most importantly who cheers you on through your ups and downs! It makes the journey of life a bit easier!

    ReplyDelete